The purpose of this article is to compare crime statistics between Texas LTC (License To Carry) and non-LTC holders for PROH WEAPON KNUCKLES in 2018. PROH WEAPON KNUCKLES are considered a deadly weapon in the state of Texas, so it is important to study the relationship between LTC holders and crimes related to this weapon.
Crime Statistics Among Texas LTC Holders
Out of 660 convictions for PROH WEAPON KNUCKLES in 2018, 1 conviction was for a Texas LTC holder. This accounts for 0.15% of all convictions for this weapon. On the other hand, non-LTC holders accounted for the other 99.85%, with 509 convictions.
Factors That May Contribute to the Difference in Crime Statistics Between Texas LTC and Non-LTC Holders
The differences in crime statistics between Texas LTC and non-LTC holders may be due to the more rigorous background checks and eligibility requirements for obtaining an LTC. Furthermore, LTC holders receive training and education related to their weapon, which may increase their awareness of the legalities and consequences associated with criminal misuse of their weapon. Lastly, the perception of risk and responsibility among LTC holders may be higher than among non-LTC holders.
This article analyzed crime statistics between Texas LTC and non-LTC holders for PROH WEAPON KNUCKLES in 2018. It was found that LTC holders accounted for 0.15% of convictions, while non-LTC holders accounted for 99.85%. Factors such as background checks, training, and perception of risk and responsibility may contribute to the difference in crime statistics between Texas LTC and non-LTC holders. These findings imply that LTC holders are more likely to be law abiding citizens than non-LTC holders.